11.19.2008

Traveling.


I’ve always wanted to travel. Go some place away from everyone and everything. Our society is mistaken and immune to everything. We don’t appreciate things like other countries may. I want to go someplace where they have little; where their blessings are noticed. I want to see the hurting faces and give them smiles. I want to feed their famished bodies. I want to learn about their cultures and discover their different ways of thinking. I want to breathe their air and see their land.

I want to leave all of this madness. The terror of this country has overwhelmed me. Where are we going with all of this? Where am I supposed to be taken? Why are the minds of the younger generation being taught things that are senseless- the National Anthem being changed, evolution being taught in schools as a fact, homosexual marriage being passed as a law. What ever happened to the rules that our forefathers established this country on?

This is why I want to get away. Our hope is lost. The meaning of love is blurred. I want to go someplace where they embrace hope and love.

I want to disappear.

No comments: