3.08.2010

behind the yellow walls

yel·low –noun
1.a color like that of egg yolk, ripe lemons, etc.; the primary color between green and orange in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 570 and 590 nm.
_______________________________________________________

"BEHIND THE YELLOW WALLS"
Liz Anderson

These yellow walls,
Tall and true,
Share a tale of how I grew.
Proud and strong,
I held my head high
Despite the heavy ties
That chained my heart.

Behind the yellow walls
People whispered,
I quietly whimpered
As eyes glared at me.
Slowly my head fell,
So people won't tell
The sadness in my face.

These yellow walls,
Battered and worn,
Slowly crumbled to the ground.
Looking upon their mournful woe,
A single tear did fall.
A hand gently wiped my tear away
Taking my arm as our laughter rang through the open halls.

New walls were painted cooler colors.
I walked tall and proud through their towering fortress
But when approached by old faces,
Their eyes cruelly flash images of the yellow walls.
I hide my face,
Remembering what is
Behind the yellow walls.









No comments: