5.08.2010

fill in the blank friday | books



Yes, yes I know it's Saturday. But, I promised a Fill In The Blank Friday post this weekend, so I shall keep my promise. If you want to read the original answers from Lauren, click here. Every Friday she posts seven questions for those who are willing to fill in. Check back to her blog next Friday for another great Fill In The Blank Friday post. :)

1. My favorite book growing up was The Giving Tree. I love it just as much now .:)
2. The funniest book I've ever read was The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop On A New Mom's First Year by Cynthia L. Copeland. SO funny.
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is The Bible. Yes, I know this is the 'church answer', but it truly has.
4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read Rachel's Tears: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott by Beth Nimmo, Darrell Scott, and Steve Rabey. This is a true story, so I'm giving you a warning before you read it.
5. If I could meet any author, living or dead, I would meet (does Emily Dickinson count as an author?) Shel Silverstein. Only because I would want to see what it would be like to have a normal conversation with him...if that's even possible.
6. The next book on my "to do" read list is well, I first need to finish Into The Wild by John Krakauer.
7. If I was snowed in to remote cabin in the woods, and could only choose three books to bring with me, I'd bring well, my first question is, why am I even at a remote cabin? Stuff like that spooks me out. Noooo thank you, creepy cabin. And my third question is, why can't I bring three movies instead? I don't read enough to really want to bring three books with me to a creepy, haunted cabin.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hey, The giving tree was my favorite book when I was growing up. I think meeting Shel Silverstein would be interesting. He might turn around and make a poem about you.
Oh, and I read into the wild last summer. I really enjoyed it. It was good, Did you see the movie?

Miss Koree said...

Yes, I haven't finished reading the book yet, though. I saw the movie, and it automatically became one of my favorites. It is unlike any movie I've ever seen. So, when I heard about the book, I made sure I got myself a copy. :)