8.06.2010

fill in the blank friday | food #2

Hellllllo!
Happy Friday, everyone! 
I am blogging from my brother's laptop at his apartment! YAY! My dad and Caleb are putting together the grill for him and Becca's gender reveal party on Saturday. Yes, instead of helping, I am blogging. WHOO HOO! Did I mention today I get to find out if I'm an aunt or an uncle? YUSSS! Becca's ultrasound is at 11 this morning, and I'm so excited to find out if it's a boy or a girl! :)
Ok, so on to today's post...



As always, you can join in. All you have to do is visit this post from Lauren over at the little things we do. You can see her answers there. Today's questions are brought to you by Liz over at A Whisk and A Prayer. Be sure to check out her blog as well!

1. Today for breakfast I ate two cheese sticks and a glass of orange juice.
2. My go to/never fail recipe is a recipe by Rachel Ray called Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper, Chorizo and Sweet Pea Sauce over Rice (although I substitute the chorizo for sausage). You can find the recipe here.
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is pickled okra. A lot of people don't like it, but I love it!
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was ...well, I've never had anything that really stands out. When I first started out cooking, I could never get the food right. I would either undercook things, or overcook things. Sometimes I would forget to drain the hamburger grease when making spaghetti sauce. Just little things like that!
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be ...I don't really like ice cream, so making me eat one flavor for the rest of my life would practically be torture! Haha!
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is sushi! ECK! I hate fish. I don't eat fish (except for tuna). 
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Well, it just depends what specific meal I'm having. So, it really depends on the day. If I'm having Los Portales for lunch, then my favorite meal would be lunch! If I'm having breakfast burritos from McDonalds for breakfast, then my favorite meal would be breakfast. It just depends on the day. :) But, overall I would have to say dinner is mainly my favorite. My mom can cook like no other. 

Well, those were fun! Makes me hungry. :) 

FUN FACT: I was actually going to major in Culinary Arts. I visited Johnson & Wales University in Denver, CO but didn't feel like it was the right career path for me. Cooking has always been a fun hobby for me!

HEY!
Before you decide to leave, why don't you go on over and check out my brother's new blog? It's called An Everyday Sound. Go check it out! :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't eat fish except for tuna either! O.o

hana said...

I hope you don't write off all sushi as fish! There are plenty of fillings that are non-fishy for you to enjoy :)

Nicole Bingham said...

This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!

http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com