8.17.2010

weekend in kansas city.

I was so graciously invited to go to Kansas City with my dear friend Rachel and her family this past weekend. We had a ton of fun. We left Rachel's house Friday morning, and arrived at Worlds of Fun.


World's of Fun has this great deal. You can get a one day pass to Worlds of Fun, and a one day pass to Oceans of Fun for around $40 if you bring in two cans of food per ticket. So a two day pass for only $40! That's cheaper than a one day pass at Silver Dollar City! It wasn't packed at all (probably because of the heat), so the longest we waited in line for was around 7 minutes!


Rachel, Me, Maddie, and Sarah in front of the Patriot


We rode the Patriot, the Boomerang, the Spinning Dragons, the Mamba, and more that I can't remember the names of. I loved the Boomerang the most. First you go forwards, and then you go backwards. It's hard to explain, but so much fun! Maddie was the only one who brought tennis shoes, so she was the only one who could ride this ride: (It's the one where you stand against the wall, and the floor drops while it's spinning.)

After we had our overpriced lunch, Maddie and Sarah wanted to keep riding rides, but Rachel and I were pretty exhausted from our lack of being in shape, and the overbearing heat (which was 105, by the way). We decided to go look around at some gift shops while the girls continued on the roller coasters. I found this in one of the shops. We decided to just sit down at a table while we waited for the girls.





That night we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Mmmm...sooo good. I ate way too many breadsticks, and way too much salad. But, hey! I was on vacation! We ended up going to T.J. Maxx after dinner to shop a little. I found a really cute dress and a pair of black leggings. It's one of those dresses that you can wear with leggings, or with jeans (which is what I really need since I can't wear dresses or skirts to work).
We went to Oceans of Fun the next day, but I don't have any pictures (thankfully) from that day! SAD. Oh, well! I feel like I have given you too many pictures to begin with! I got a killer sunburn on Saturday from being out in the heat for so long. We drove back to Rachel's house on Saturday night, where I discovered I had sun poisoning. :/ It was such a fun weekend, though! Well worth the pain!

3 comments:

Ratz said...

Oh! Lovely Pics.... :-D

Robyn said...

This looks like so much fun! I need to take a theme park day, before the fall creeps in and I get too busy.

Christy said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! Wish I could have gone with you...you know how much I love riding roller coasters!