9.23.2010

kristen's bday

Tuesday was my friend Kristen's birthday. Yesterday we celebrated. She turned 19. She's getting so old! I had a full day planned out for her and I, starting at Millie's Cafe for lunch.  


Kristen looking all pretty!

Since it was Kristen's birthday, they gave us our choice of dessert. Chocolate cake. It was YUMMY.
 

Yummy cake

Then we headed over to Springfield's Art Museum. It was pretty cool! Then we decided to do a little shopping. We hit Plato's Closet and Rue 21. We found some awesome deals at Rue 21.

This skirt was only $1!


Another skirt I bought at Rue 21.

This shirt was also only $1!

After we were done shopping, we went to Entertainmart, where I picked up the first season of The Office for only $10. Then, we went to see a movie. We decided to see the movie Devil, since we like to see scary movies together. We don't really know why, we just happen to see a scary movie every time we go to the theatre.
We were the only ones in the movie theatre. At first I thought it was pretty cool.



That was, until the previews started rolling. Every preview was for a scary movie. I kept turning around, and checking to see if anyone was coming up behind our seats to scare us. I screamed twice during the previews. The man up in the box in the back of the theatre thought it was pretty funny.
The movie was pretty scary. Not too bad. Although, I did have one little problem...

a scary movie + a large coke = bladder problems

After the movie we checked out Spirit Halloween. Is it just me, or are all the costumes at the Halloween stores skanky? And the ones that aren't skanky are just plain stupid.


We grabbed a couple kid's meals at Chick-Fil-A, then headed back to my house to watch The Office.




It was a great day! :)


Happy birthday, Kristen!


4 comments:

becca. said...

you think the halloween costumes are pretty skanky? try fitting one of them over my pregnant belly and then tell me what you think. YIKES! haha.

Kristen said...

Ha disregard the comment I made eairler thank you for writting about my birthday! I had so much fun with you!

Leesh said...

Very cute skirts for a great price!

I am scared of horror movies. I really wanted to watch Daybreakers (I don't know if it's consider horror, it is about vampires though) but when I finally watched it, I was terrified. I even had nightmares about it three days later.

I can't even watch previews for horror movies. When they come on in the theatre, I look down at the floor.

Maureen said...

Wow cute skirts & what a great deal!!