9.28.2010

springfield roller derby.

My dad took me to the Roller Derby on Sunday night.


I've been wanting to go for a long time.


I've had them on Facebook for awhile, but never really pushed to get tickets.



I was pretty excited when I finally figured out why we were at a roller skating rink.


I love all their crazy names (click on the name to see more): Shinobi, Psycho SuzieSandra Day O’Slaughter, Shotgun Shell, T Ann T, Khaos, Rusty Razorskates, Miss Chetty Boop, Amber Lager, and Poisonous Polly.


The Springfield Roller Girls were taking on the St. Lunachix.


They skate REALLY fast.


It was pretty thrilling to watch them throw eachother to the ground.


The Springfield Roller Girls took 2nd! (haha)


I even got a picture with one of the girls! Her name is Seven Deadly Shins. Hardcore, huh?!

Hi-YA!

I can't wait to go to another one! YES!

side note [click image to enter]:


4 comments:

Han said...

There was an article in our local paper about Roller Derby this weekend - i was suposed to be looking for jobs and ended up pulling that page out lol.

M said...

GREAT photos!! And I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
(PS, the lovely lady you took a picture with is Sam Pearce, aka, Seven Deadly Shins. :D)

Amy said...

Quality shots of the bout! Glad you came out to support our girls.

Autumn said...

Your blog is so neat! And you're so cute (: I'm gonna start following your blog. Can't wait to read more!