10.26.2010

last night + soft music

I hung out with my dear friend Rachel last night. We hadn't hung out for awhile, so it was nice to spend some girly time with her. We stopped at Panera Bread for some food. Then we headed over to a volleyball game for the Eagles homeschool team. I had never been to a volleyball game before, so it was a fun experience! My high school had volleyball, but I never went to an actual game.
After the game we decided to go to Orange Leaf.
FROZEN YOGURT, BABAAYY.

pumpkin pie fro yo, cheesecake fro yo with Reese's peanut butter cups, Reese's pieces, cherries, butterscotch chips, and candy corn

Rachel enjoying her pumpkin pie fro yo

~

I listened to this song on Sunday night. It's beautiful. I've always loved Death Cab For Cutie. There's just something about their music that's so poetic and real. I was in the mood for a little feel-good music, and put my ipod on this song. No words can explain how amazing this song is. I don't know why, but I felt so inspired. I even wrote a poem. A poem that just fell out of me. That only happens when I feel inspired. Usually this occurs when listening to music. I wrote a poem inspired by Coldplay awhile back. You can read it here.
Ok, I sound like a babbling brook. Enough. Here's the song. Tell me what you think!


You may tire of me as our December sun is setting because I'm not who I used to be
No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully disguise
The youthful boy below who turned your way and saw
Something he was not looking for: both a beginning and an end
But now he lives inside someone he does not recognize
When he catches his reflection on accident

On the back of a motor bike
With your arms outstretched trying to take flight
Leaving everything behind
But even at our swiftest speed we couldn't break from the concrete
In the city where we still reside.
And I have learned that even landlocked lovers yearn for the sea like navy men
Cause now we say goodnight from our own separate sides
Like brothers on a hotel bed

<3

pssssssssst.
this is the dress i've dreamt about for my wedding. when i saw her wearing MY dream dress, i about jumped through the computer to rip it off of her! BUT seeing how utterly gorgeous this woman looks in it, it makes me a little jealous. oh how i hope to have arms like that!

4 comments:

Yelena said...

I have yet to go to orange leaf - i've heard amazing things about it, but I haven't gotten around to actually visiting it myself - I must go soon! :)
Sounds like you had a good time ;)

Jessica Lynn said...

I have my wedding dress picked out too, haha! So funny...I found it one day and HAD to print it out seeing as I don't think I could ever love another dress as much as this one..

Gracie said...

Ohh frozen yogurt! I'm a fan of that.

I really love that beginning of the song with the piano. But I do like the song.

That wedding dress is gorgeous!

morgan said...

I love Death Cab and completely agree! Ben Gibbard is the master of writing lyrics.