1.16.2011

update.

PEOPLE.
The people here are so amazing. I’ve never been around so many purely genuine people. My closest friend is this girl named Emily. I knew her a little bit before coming to college; we have a lot of mutual friends. We both go to James River. She’s so awesome. The guys here are pretty cool as well. They are very gentlemen-like, and not because they are trying to flirt, but because that’s how they were raised.
JOB.
My job is an okay job. I wash dishes at the Keeter Center, which is the fancy restaurant that is open to the public. It’s pretty fast-pace, and sometimes can be a little tiring. But it’s paying for my tuition so I’m not going to complain.
CLASSES.
My classes are overall pretty good. I have two that I’m a little worried about. One has a lot of reading and the other has a lot of writing. But I’m pretty sure I will get through it. My favorite class is my Fundamentals of Mass Media class. It’s a lot of fun. It’s an open discussion class, so there’s a lot of input. I love it so much. We watch music videos and movie clips and discuss them. Pretty cool.
MY ROOM.
I am living by myself, no roommate. At first I was upset with this, but as the week went on, I soon realized how convenient it is to be alone. I also somehow managed to score one of the biggest rooms on campus…I’m not quite sure how that happened but it’s a great bonus. I love my room here more than the one I have back at home. It’s so roomy and it’s just ME. I love decorating it, and being able to start fresh.

So, overall I’m having quite an amazing time. I didn’t think I would meet so many great people and have this much fun!!!!



2 comments:

Chloe said...

Hi Koree!!
I've been a bad blogger follower: I've been reading your blog for several months (8 months maybe?) and haven't said hello on a comment. Sorry about that!!
But 2011 is my year. I just know. And one of my resolutions is to comment on your blog. ;) So here I am commenting!
I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you're having such a great time and having so many good experiences!! Good for you!!
Enjoy college life!!

Chloe
http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com

Alycia (thecuriouspug.com) said...

you totally scored with a single room. lucky girl!