1.13.2012

diy | nail art

My roommate and best friend Emily is an art major and nail technician. I would say those two talents go hand-in-hand. On Wednesday she so sweetly did my nails. Thank you, Emily! 

I would like to share with you how she did them so that you can try them out for yourself!


supplies needed: three different colors of nail polish, clear top coat, thin nail polish brush or thin paint brush

1. apply your lightest color to all your nails, covering the entire nail. this color will end up being the middle segment of your nails. (i started with the silver). let your nails dry.
2. using your thin brush and another color of polish, start with the back segment by creating a wide "V" towards the back of the nail. fill in the section between the "V" and the back of your nail.
3. clean your thin brush.
4. using your thin brush and your third color, create another wide "V" towards the tip of your nail. fill in this segment between the "V" and the tip of your nail. let nails dry.
5. apply a top coat of clear nail polish to keep your nails from chipping.
(this tutorial is written assuming you were to do your nails yourself, laying your hand flat with fingers pointing away from you; if having someone else do your nails for you, create the "V"s upside down.)

that's it! enjoy your nails, and happy painting! :)


2 comments:

Leesh said...

I'd love to do this design on my nails but I know I'll mess it up for sure. I'd need to use some tape to ensure the lines come out straight.

Jocelyn said...

so cute! i can't wait to try this! and by that i mean i can't wait for my friend to do this to my nails! haha, thanks for sharing!